Maidment are opening a new agency on Sturt Street. Please get a pic of their new agent Martin. (front) Glen Maidment with rear (L) Nick Ryle and (R) Martin McDonough.A NEW real estate agency has opened in the city that will offer prospective buyers house and land packages, new houses and established homes.M Property backed by Maidment Development Group has opened in the Maidment office on Sturt St and has 17 properties listed for sale.The new agency will be a one-stop shop for buyers who would previously have had to visit several different real estate agencies and land sales centres.Maidment Development Group sales and marketing manager Nick Ryle says the new agency will benefit both buyers and sellers.“We want to expand our suite of property services in the Townsville marketplace,” he said.“We’re looking at transitioning our products that we’re currently offering in the Townsville marketplace to provide established real estate that better services buyers and sellers to be able to find their ideal property solution.“If a buyer is looking for a property solution in Townsville then we have multiple products to be able to service their needs.”Maidment has become a well-known brand in Townsville after building several residential estates including Sanctum and most recently Harris Crossing.More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020Well-known Townsville agent Martin McDonough has cut his ties with Explore Property to join the M Property team. Mr McDonough said M Property would allow him to have a suite of products available to buyers not just limited to established properties.“The market is turning and what Maidment offers is something that’s going to help the market because we can deal with any type of buyer,” he said.“We can refer to land sales if people need, so it’s a combination of all services.“We can also help the seller from the point that when they do sell, if they want to go to a new house or a new block we can facilitate that side of things.”Maidment Development Group managing director Glen Maidment said opening a real estate agency was a natural extension of their business.He has already hired 12 new staff and he said there were plans to hire more as M Property expands.“Given the fact we’re property developers and we’ve now got three residential communities in Townsville, we’re dealing with the general public, and nine times out of 10 people have to sell before they can come and build in our community,” Mr Maidment said.“For us the expansion is about securing the better agents across Townsville so it’s not about volume.“This is about securing the right people and making sure the service we can offer the general public of Townsville is first class.”
Mr. Glen Arthur Waren, age 91, of Indianapolis, Indiana, entered this life on January 31, 1926, in Hume, Illinois, the loving son of the late, Francis and Mana (Tucker) Waren. He was raised in Hume, Illinois where he was a 1944 graduate of the Hume High School. Glen was united in marriage on July 5, 1952, in Indianapolis, Indiana, to Alberta Griffith and to this union arrived two sons, Randy and Robert and a daughter, Rebecca to bless their home. Glen and Alberta shared 65 years of marriage together until his death. Glen was employed as Superintendent for Shiel Sexton Construction in Indianapolis, Indiana, retiring in 1992, after 30 years of service. He attended the Hume Christian Church in Hume, Illinois. Glen will be dearly missed by his loving family and friends. Glen passed away at 11:50 am, Sunday, June 25, 2017, at the St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana.Glen will be deeply missed by his loving wife of 65 years: Alberta (Griffith) Waren of Indianapolis, IN; his sons: Randy Waren and his wife: Ann of Fishers, IN and Robert Waren of Indianapolis, IN; his son-in-law: Mike Hankins of Martinsville, IN; his grandchildren: Kenton Hankins, Kevin Hankins, Isabelle Waren and Jack Waren; his great-granddaughter: Zoey Hankins and his several nieces and nephews.He was preceded in death by his parents: Francis and Mana (Tucker) Waren; his daughter: Rebecca Hankins; his brothers: Tom, Russell, Marion, Ernie and Bernie Waren and his sisters: Clara Heath, Rhetta Draper and Ardella Isham.Graveside services will be conducted Wednesday, June 28, 2017, at 11:00 am, by Pastor Chris Clemans at the Vevay Cemetery, 800 East Main Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Friends may call 10:00 am – 11:00 am, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Memorial contributions may be made to the Charity of the Donor’s Choice. Cards are available at the funeral home.
West Brom have confirmed that they will deal internally with striker Peter Odemwingie’s latest Twitter outbursts against the club. West Brom also confirmed that social networking activity is governed by the club’s disciplinary code of conduct. Odemwingie tweeted: “Keeping me on the bench now is worst than what they did to me on the 31st (of January). New advisors told me to say its all my fault cos its better for me. “A normal team will never let a player who acted like I did come back. Why keep me still. If they like they shouldn’t even give me 10 mins to play. “Threatening to ruin my career? Career I closed already last summer? No harm to me.” Odemwingie added: “Want to treat me like an average player. The abuse and praise I get is average? So get some extra from me too. “I am not at peace. Took steroid injections numerous times when team needed me back quick. Commitment still in doubt. “More reasons? Should still stay loyal? Even if it sounds childish. It’s a lot. People I should trust normally hold meetings. Before that I was a proper gentleman in the team and trusted everyone. I tried to leave quietly. Didn’t work.” Odemwingie was disciplined after releasing a series of social networking outbursts against the Baggies in January after they rejected his transfer request. The 31-year-old launched another series of attacks after driving to Loftus Road without permission on transfer deadline day only for the move to QPR to fall through. And on Sunday, the Nigerian international hit out at being omitted from the starting line-up for the past four games. While the majority of Odemwingie’s tweets have since been deleted, an Albion spokesman said: “The club are aware of what Peter has said and we will deal with it internally.” Press Association
WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen recently unanimously approved a field use policy for several of the town’s most popular fields, including the Rotary Park’s Baseball Field, Aprile Field (Town Park), Palmer Field (behind Town Hall) and Whitefield Field.None of the town parks in question previously had an official field use policy. This new policy, drafted by Recreation Director Karen Campbell and vetted by the Recreation Commission, is modeled after the successful field use policy implemented last year at the Yentile Farm Recreational Facility.“It’s recently become more of a problem that we don’t have a policy for our fields. With the popularity of Yentile, many groups – both formal and informal – are coming to the Recreation Department when Yentile is busy and asking for other field space,” explained Campbell. “Word has gotten out that Wilmington doesn’t charge us for our fields. This has helped us because we don’t have the liabilities issues that other towns do when they charge. But, at the same time, it makes much more attractive to [outside] groups.”The intention of the policy is to direct the Recreation Department on how best to handle field use permit requests. Campbell suggested that not much would change for Wilmington Public Schools or the Wilmington Youth Sports Groups, but that informal groups will be re-examined under the new policy.“There’s been groups that have longstanding permits for many years. Some of these groups have morphed over time and – at this point – we’re not sure the intended users of the field are residents of the town or employees of companies in town,” said Campbell. “We want to ensure we’re back to providing field space for [the appropriate audiences].”Campbell highlighted the two key differences between the existing Yentile Farm policy and the new policy covering the Rotary, Aprile, Palmer and Whitefield fields.First, while Yentile Farm is a carry-in, carry-out facility, trash barrels will remain at Rotary Park, Aprile Field, Palmer Field, and Whitefield Field.“For non-permitting, casual use, people will still have a place to throw out trash,” assured Campbell. “And youth organizations are already handling their trash. Whenever there’s issues, DPW reaches out and the organization in question cleans up their act.”Second, the priority list for field use is different, with Wilmington Public Schools getting top priority at Rotary Park’s Baseball Field, Aprile Field, Palmer Field and Whitefield Field. Wilmington Youth Sports Groups are the second priority for those four fields, while its the top priority as Yentile.When asked about school fields, like the Shawsheen soccer fields, Campbell noted that the school department is in charge of permitting those.Selectman Kevin Caira recommended putting signs up at the four fields covered by the new policy, clarifying that field use is by permit only. Campbell took the comment under advisement.“It would be really advantageous to have residents be able to apply for field use permits online,” Selectman Greg Bendel told Campbell.Campbell agreed, noting the policy and applications for permits will eventually be placed on the Wilmington Recreation Department’s website, as they already are for Yentile.The policy doesn’t go into effect until January 1, 2019, allowing plenty of time to educate the public and to notify all past and current permit holders. Residents and interested parties can be read the new policy HERE.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email [email protected] this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedTown Officials Discuss Creating A SPLASH PAD In WilmingtonIn “Community”WILMINGTON RECREATION: Concerts, Trips & Youth Programs Were Huge Hits This SummerIn “Community”Town Manager Asks For Residents’ Help With Vandalism Issues At Yentile FarmIn “Government”
The exterior of the new Ioniq isn’t wildy different but we’re digging the more aggressive front end. Hyundai Fans of budget-friendly efficient transportation have reason to be excited because Hyundai announced on Thursday that updated versions of its Ioniq Hybrid and Ioniq Plug-In cars are destined for the European market for the 2019 model year.What’s new for 2019? Kind of a lot, actually. Hyundai’s started by updating the styling, though the changes here are more evolutionary than revolutionary with an updated grille and lighting. Inside the changes are more pronounced with a new infotainment and climate control set-up that replaces the previous Ioniq’s dull sea of black. The new system features an option 10.25-inch touchscreen display that can receive over-the-air updates and uses voice recognition alongside Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.The new Ioniq has some exciting tech under its skin too including a new “Green Zone Drive Mode” that can utilize more power from the electric part of its drivetrain in designated geographical areas. It also uses the Kona’s one-pedal driving system with advanced regenerative braking.While Hyundai hasn’t yet confirmed to us when the new Ioniq is destined to hit US shores, we do know that it will be available in European showrooms starting in the second half of 2019.The biggest change to the new Ioniq’s interior is the addition of an optional 10.25-inch touchscreen that really lifts the interior of the car. Hyundai More From Roadshow 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous Comment 1 Hybrids Car Industry 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better Hyundai Hyundai Tags Share your voice 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value