Mayor Jay Gillian: ‘City Will Not Pursue Using Tropical Hardwoods on the Ocean City…

first_imgThe first phase of a multi-year Ocean City Boardwalk replacement project was completed in April. The project is using an existing stock of southern yellow pine.The following is Ocean City Mayor Jay Gillian’s weekly update to citizens posted on Friday, May 30. (The mayor addresses an issue raised at the May 22 City Council meeting: “Ocean City Councilman Stirs Up Old Debate on Boardwalk Hardwood.”)Dear Friends,At the last council meeting, the idea of using tropical hardwood on our boardwalk resurfaced.  I would like to take this opportunity to reconfirm the commitment I made to our community almost four years ago, that under my administration, the city will not pursue using tropical hardwoods on the Ocean City Boardwalk.After several years of planning, research, and consideration of other materials, the city has developed and initiated a plan to rebuild our boardwalk.  The first section is complete, and we are beginning the process to start construction on the second section.  The newly constructed project is designed to last at least twice as long as past projects.  This project uses three inch pine decking, stainless steel screws and the substructure has shorter spans. Improvements such as these, along with regular maintenance, will make this section of the boardwalk improved over other areas, such as the section from 12th to 14th street, which has lasted over ten years.  Our plan will ensure a longer lasting, safer structure.Under my administration, the city will continue forward with this fiscally responsible, common sense approach project that was planned, funded and agreed upon in the five-year capital plan.Most importantly, our boardwalk is safe and ready for the influx of residents and visitors to enjoy during what I expect to be one of the best summer seasons ever.I look forward to seeing you and your families enjoying our boardwalk, shopping and entertainment this summer and for years to come.Warm regards,Jay A. GillianMayor__________Sign up for OCNJ Daily’s free newsletter“Like” us on Facebooklast_img read more

Solskjaer vows ‘we’ll put it right’ after Man Utd drop points

first_imgOle Gunnar Solskjaer said Manchester United “will put it right” after conceding a late goal against Southampton on Monday to dent their hopes of reaching next season’s Champions League. United were on course for a fifth successive Premier League victory after bouncing back from Stuart Armstrong’s early opener through strikes from Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial. But just as third place beckoned for Solskjaer’s men Saints substitute Michael Obafemi struck in stoppage time to seal a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford. Earlier on Monday the Court of Arbitration for Sport announced Manchester City’s two-season European ban would be lifted, meaning only the top four teams will qualify for next season’s Champions league. United’s next two games are against Crystal Palace and West Ham before a potential last-day shoot-out against Leicester, who are currently in fourth place, ahead of Solskjaer’s men on goal difference. “I have to say the mentality of the boys has been brilliant,” said the Norwegian boss. “We’ve had a few setbacks over the season, of course, and this is another challenge for us. “I am very confident in the mentality of them. Very disappointed, of course, but we have to take the disappointments as well as the positives when you win games.”Advertisement Loading… “We’ve learned a hard lesson today hopefully, so we’ll make it right, we’ll put it right. I trust the boys in that respect,” he added. Read Also: Giroud edges Chelsea closer to Champions League qualification Solskjaer’s side need to quickly dust themselves down, with a trip to Crystal Palace coming up on Thursday before they return to London for Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea. Left-back Luke Shaw is a doubt for those games after being forced off with an ankle complaint, while United ended the match with 10 men after his replacement Brandon Williams was involved in a clash of heads. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content8 Fascinating Facts About CoffeeThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Top 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time6 Natural History Museums That Have World’s Greatest Collections5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks23 Marvel Heroes Reimagined By Caricaturist7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our FutureBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Waylast_img read more

AgiproNews’ Italian View: Calcio eagerly awaits the Ronaldo factor

first_img Betway and Dafabet grow La Liga sponsorship portfolios August 14, 2020 StumbleUpon LiveScore adds new leagues to streaming offering August 12, 2020 Share Share ESI Digital – No Drama Please… Esports growth should be treated as business as usual  August 20, 2020 Related Articles Submit Italian betting and football stakeholders have suffered a summer of discontent, with no Azzurri representation at Russia 2018 and the new Lega-5Star coalition government implementing a blanket ban on betting advertising and sponsorships across all sports and media formats.Navigating a disruptive summer, Italian betting, media and sports have called for any good news story… Step forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus FC.As world football prepared for its final week of World Cup Russia 2018 play, Turin’s ‘Vecchia Signora’ (Old Lady) shocked global sports securing the services of a 33-year old Ronaldo, executing a Serie A record-breaking €110 million transfer from Real Madrid.The pending arrival of Ronaldo has perplexed all Italian sports stakeholders, as the country and its beloved calcio prepare for its dose of much needed ‘CR7 medicine’.Ronaldo is not only considered a coup for Juventus, but for the whole of Serie A, a league which was once the powerhouse of European football, but which has decayed in its own corruption scandals’ and diminished in its global standing against the might of Premier League and Spain’s La Liga.From a betting perspective, the ‘CR7 factor’ will be welcomed by the new Italian betting faces Betway and Marathonbet who prior to the Lega-5Star blanket ban had signed sponsorship arrangements with Roman football clubs’ AS Roma and SS Lazio respectively.Betway became the AS Roma Exclusive Training Kit Partner for the season of 2020-21, with an agreement that will generate €5 million per season. Marathonbet and S.S. Lazio are yet to be official, however, the club and bookmaker have agreed a shirt sponsorship for the next three years.Both sponsorships will likely be revised due to Lega-5Star advertising/marketing restrictions which will be implemented on Italian football from 15 July 2019.Despite securing a ‘transitional marketing period’ for betting advertisers to fulfil their existing contracts, Serie A officials have deeply criticised Lega-5Star blanket ban, detailing that it was a needless action which will not serve any of its intended purposes.“It would cause competitive disadvantages to the Italian clubs and our teams advertising budget would be redirected abroad. In the 2017-18 season, twelve Serie A clubs have signed a partnership contract with companies of the betting industry, considered the 5th field for investments in the rank of the t-shirt sponsorship in the 6 main European tournaments”.The new Serie A season begins on August 19. Italian sports recognises that the ‘Ronaldo factor’ can’t fix Italy’s complex political dynamics, but the Portuguese starboy might act as a form of nandralone to soothe aching bones following a disruptive summer._______________Content provided by AgiproNews Italialast_img read more