SHARE Email Facebook Twitter August 09, 2017 Economy, Jobs That Pay, Press Release Erie, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today visited Logistics Plus, Inc., a worldwide supply chain management company, to meet with employees and view the company’s plans for the expansion of its headquarters in the City of Erie.“It’s exciting to be in Erie touring another thriving company,” said Governor Wolf. “I am committed to supporting the growing business climate in region and love to see first-hand what an innovative company like Logistics Plus has planned for the future.”Coordinated by the Governor’s Action Team, last month, Logistics Plus announced its plans to expand and create 44 new, family-sustaining jobs in Erie. Today, the governor toured the company’s facility and planned expansion site. The expanded facility will allow for the handling of all logistics for clients, from order intake to shipping and installation.“Logistics Plus has grown from a three-person operation in 1996, to a global organization, employing over 130 people in Erie alone. We are grateful to Governor Wolf and the commonwealth for acknowledging our efforts to attract and retain local graduates,” commented Gretchen Seth, Senior VP of International. “Our CEO Jim Berlin calls it the ‘brain gain’.”Logistics Plus Inc. is a worldwide provider of transportation, warehousing, global logistics, and supply chain solutions. Founded in Erie by local entrepreneur Jim Berlin 20 years ago, Logistics Plus employs over 400 people and has been repeatedly recognized as one of the fastest-growing transportation and logistics companies in the country. On ‘Jobs That Pay’ Tour, Governor Wolf Visits Logistics Plus Inc.
Share Share LifestyleTravel REDjet wages by next week by: – April 13, 2012 19 Views no discussions Tweet After more than two weeks of waiting for their pay, REDjet workers have been told they’ll get at least some of their money by next week.But passengers affected by the suspension of REDjet flights announced on March 16 are still awaiting their refunds.Frustrated employees who were paid up to February 25, said yesterday they had been informed that payment for February 26 to March 16 would be ready next Tuesday.Some spoke to the WEEKEND NATION on condition of anonymity because management had instructed workers not to talk to the media.By Dawne ParrisNation News Share Sharing is caring!
Tweet Mr Nathaniel Isaac. (file photo)The Office of Disaster Management (ODM) has said that careful consideration must be given to the amount of money being spent on mitigation compared to the amount spent on response and recovery in the advent of natural disasters.National Disaster Coordinator, Mr Nathaniel Isaac believes that following events like Wednesday’s flash floods, the Office of Disaster Management along with Planning Division needs to put strategies in place to avoid the reoccurrence.A call is being made for corporate companies and citizens to assist those affected by the disaster.“We are asking persons to help those persons who really went through that ordeal; the corporate sector through the Office of Disaster Management can make things available to those persons and we will try our best to get it to them. Our telephone number is 448 7777. As we speak we know that the Local Government Department has moved in quickly to assess the situation and they will determine the persons who are most in need. We are aware that there are about seven persons on the ground and another two might join them this afternoon so we are hoping that by this afternoon we will get a rapid assessment of the situation.”The Office of Disaster Management is admonishing the general public to pay close attention to warnings issued by the Meteorological Office.It is also important for citizens to familiarize themselves with their environment at all times.“Again we want to always admonish persons and we use every opportunity we can to do this. Persons must take account of their environment, you must know where you live, and you must continue to listen to the reports from the officials. Things like meteorology is not perfect science and sometimes you will get warnings; you will get information saying that you will get heavy rainfall, it may not happen but every time you get that information you must react because one day you are going to have to deal with this situation. Again there is going to be some events that you will have to deal with that you may not really get a warning for. So these things are things that persons really need to keep in mind.”A number of local agencies are being commended for their quick response.The Office of Disaster Management is soliciting the continued support of stakeholders in the recovery process. “We want to commend the Department of Local Government. The Office of Disaster Management really play a coordinating role and we depend on our stakeholders and if the stakeholders don’t do what they have to do then everything would be futile. So we want to commend the Department of Local Government; they took persons and District Development Officers and the assistants from different areas in Dominica that were not affected and brought them in to the Mahaut/Massacre area so we could really get a quick assessment of the situation. Based on that assessment, we at the Office of Disaster Management will try and see as much as possible if we can assist those persons.” The Dominica Police Force, the Ministry of Public Works, Local Government and the Dominica Red Cross Association are just some of the organizations that are being commended for their quick response in Wednesday’s disaster.Dominica Vibes News Share 29 Views no discussions LocalNews Office of Disaster Management call for strategies to mitigate flash-flooding on the island by: – September 29, 2011 Share Share Sharing is caring!
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights New Delhi: Virat Kohli’s childhood coach, Rajkumar Sharma, will now play a big hand in developing Delhi’s next cricketing talents. Sharma, who is the first and only personal coach of Virat Kohli, will now be heading the bowling department as Delhi look to make a big impression in the upcoming season of the Ranji Trophy. Sharma, a dronacharya awardee, has played nine first-class and three List A games for Delhi between 1986 to 1991. Under 54-year-old Sharma, the Delhi junior team had won the CK Nayudu (U-23) Trophy in the 2017-18 season and players like Hiten Dalal made the senior grade. When he wasn’t given a senior team assignment last year, he took up a short term assignment with the Malta national team for an ICC qualifying tournament.However, the more interesting appointment for Delhi will be the return of KP Bhaskar as the coach of the side. Bhaskar was Delhi’s coach during the 2017-18 season when they lost to Vidarbha in the Ranji Trophy final at Indore. However, a public bust-up with Gautam Gambhir during the Vijay Hazare tournament in Odisha led to his ouster after the former India star had accused him of promoting factionalism in the dressing room while trying to end careers of a few young players. Bhaskar and Gambhir had a heated altercation after Delhi’s campaign ended with allegations of former India captain abusing the coach, something he has categorically denied. Mithun Manhas replaced Bhaskar during the 2018-19 season where the team didn’t particularly do well. Back in his playing days, Bhaskar was a domestic heavyweight for Delhi, scoring 5443 runs in 95 first-class games with 18 hundreds. He was a part of the Delhi team that won the Ranji Trophy in the 1988-89 season and also played the final against Bengal next year (1989-90).Also Read | Virat Kohli trolled for reading ‘Detox your Ego’ during first Test against West IndiesGambhir was handed a suspended four-match ban from first-class cricket for his ugly confrontation Bhaskar. An enquiry committee constituted by Delhi and Districts Cricket Association administrator Justice Vikramjit Sen, comprising chairman Madan Lal, Rajendra R Rathore and advocate Soni Singh found Gambhir guilty and termed the batsman’s behaviour as “serious” and “inappropriate”.However, Sen decided to “suspend the punishment for a period of two years ending on 30th March 2019” conditional on Gambhir accepting this order and not committing any similar transgressions. KP Bhaskar scored 5443 runs for Delhi but never played for India.Rajkumar Sharma will be heading the bowling department for Delhi.Delhi did not qualify for the knock-outs in the 2018/19 Ranji Trophy season.
A Tottenham supporter was arrested after a banana skin was thrown on to the pitch during Sunday’s ill-tempered derby with Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.It was thrown from the away end after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had scored for the Gunners, who won the game 4-2.A Spurs spokesman confirmed the supporter would be banned.There were also six arrests for public order offences, at least two of which were believed to be Arsenal fans who lit smoke canisters during the match.”Behaviour such as this is completely unacceptable and the supporter in question will be issued with a ban,” a Tottenham spokesman said of the banana-skin incident.BBC Sport pundit Ian Wright spent seven years at Arsenal, scoring 185 goals in 288 appearances for the club. “I’ve played against Spurs and I’ve taken a lot of abuse but never ever has it been racial,” the former striker told Match of the Day 2.”Now Spurs have to deal with this because some idiot has done that. It’s not only embarrassed Spurs but it has embarrassed the Premier League because it has gone around the world.”It’s really unfortunate to see.”There were also unsavoury scenes on the pitch during the match, with the two sets of players had to be separated following Eric Dier’s equaliser for Tottenham in the first half.Dier celebrated by putting his finger to his lips, but Arsenal substitute Stephan Lichtsteiner reacted angrily to the gesture, prompting a melee. Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino ran down the touchline to help calm matters and Dier said afterwards: “I had my back to it all so I’m not too sure what happened.”But this is football. It’s a derby. Football is all about emotion and I don’t understand how I can get a yellow card in that situation.”It baffles me because if you take the emotion out of football you’re going to destroy the game for everyone.”
President David Granger on Friday last donated $1 million to the New Amsterdam Secondary School to improve its science and technology capacity.The Head of State made the donation during a visit which was part of activities in observance of Education Month.President David Granger presents the cheque to the Head Teacher of the New Amsterdam Multilateral School, Vanessa Jacobs to assist the school’s STEM programmeThe ancient county, the President said, has played a pivotal role in the development of education in Guyana. He lauded the school for its exceptional performance at the recent Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) exams which recorded a 93.1 per cent pass rate.The school registered 100 per cent passes in Agricultural Science, Resource Management, Food and Nutrition, Industrial Technology, Office Administration, Physics, Principles of Accounts, Principles of Business, Social Studies and several other subjects.However, the Head of State also added that Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne) is an economic pacesetter.“Timber, bauxite, rice and sugar and some of the resources in abundance in this region. These commodities have made this region the food basket of the country. More than half of the sugar that Guyana produces comes from East Berbice-Corentyne. Quarter of your rice and the majority of your fish and cattle meat comes from this region. So, your economy has built up over the years but we need to think more of what we can do… outside of Demerara, this is the only region with a university campus.”President Granger explained that the New Amsterdam Multilateral School is one of six multilateral schools which were established to bring into operation a new curriculum.He said the advancement of the science and technology field will produce scientists who are going to propel Guyana’s development.“We need scientists, architects, agronomist, biologists, botanist, chemists, doctors, engineers, environmentalist, hydrologist and physicist. I am a man that puts my money where my mouth is.”On that note, the President announced that he will be giving the school $1 million. President Granger told the students that he has established the National Endowment for Science and Technology (NEST) fund from which the money was taken.The original education system in Guyana, President Granger noted, has been the recipient of tremendous investment.He explained that this year, investment in the education sector moved from 14.8 per cent of the national budget to 17 per cent of the budget which is $52 billion, 15 per cent more than last year.The President said he is not satisfied with only ensuring that every child is in school but he is looking forward to A grade students.“The first A means access – Every child must be able to access primary and secondary schools. The second A is attendance – Every child must attend the school and the stay in school. Studies have established that there is a strong relationship between school attendance, school literacy and numeracy. Giving access and assuring attendance are not enough; we want children to reach a high level of attainment which means that we want children to stay in school so that they can graduate and go to university,” the President added.
Members and non-members are able to register for the tournament. Registration costs for members is $80 for the weekend, while non-members will pay $100.Saturday will begin with registration at 9 a.m. That’s followed by a shotgun start at 10 a.m. Two person scramble or individual stroke play will make up both days of the event. Aside from the golf, breakfast, dinner, prizes, a horse race and other entertainment will all be part of the day.On Sunday registration will start at 10 a.m. and tee times slated for 11. Snacks and prizes will also follow. – Advertisement -To register for the tournament you can call 250-789-3711.